Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting back in the swing of things

Well, it's been 2 full days since I have said "see ya later" to my husband.  I am doing pretty well.  I haven't had too many breakdowns, and I am happier than I was before he came home (I am sure that is because I am more relaxed from the time off).

It is so nice to get back in the swing of things.  I have work, school, a fall festival, a bridal shower, church, and a worship team get together this week.  I am so glad that I have all of these things to help time pass by.

Time seems to be going by so fast already, which is bittersweet.  I am glad that time is going by fast to get my husband home faster, but he hasn't left the country quite yet, and that time is coming.  It helps to be able to text him when I want.

I have to say that I am glad that the National Guard has training before they actually leave.  As much as it sucks to say "see you later" a bazillion times, it helps when the final one comes around.  Because it's like "Oh, they are just gone for some more training.  I got this."  We just did 3 months, and 15 days of it we didn't have any communication.  So we can handle this.

I'm thankful for the holidays coming around.  As much as they will suck royally without him, they will keep me busy.  Christmas is my FAVORITE thing EVER, so I will be alright.  Even though I wish he was here with me (even if he is a Scrooge).

And that is my little update on my life.  I think I will go relax in a hot shower before I get sleep.  I have a long day of school, work, and a fall festival tomorrow.  I'm sure I'll post pictures of the fun we will have.  And that's another thing I am thankful for, my church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment